Windows 7 not starting

Throbber 22:32 23 Aug 10

My daughter's netbook has suddenly stopped working. When she turns it on, the Windows 7 Basic OS does not boot up. Within seconds a screen with what looks like a design of some black flowers appears, and that is it. I can't get into safe mode or anything else.
Is this a known fault/virus?
Anyone know how to deal with it when I can't even start the OS?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:35 23 Aug 10

Do you have an external DVD drive and a windows 7 DVD?

Boot from the DVD and select start up repair.

Throbber 17:58 24 Aug 10

Sorry Fruit Bat - no DVD drive or Windows 7 DVD.

tullie 18:01 24 Aug 10

There should be a hidden partition to enable you to return it to factory default.

tullie 18:01 24 Aug 10

There should be a hidden partition to enable you to return it to factory default.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:02 24 Aug 10

Make and model?

Windows tools are probably in x partition on hard drive accessed by pressing a key at start up usually F11 but depends on manufacturer.

Throbber 18:43 24 Aug 10

Samsung N150.
Have tried holding down F11, but no joy. The strange screen appears in about 1 second, and then I can get no further. Have also tried the other F Keys, but still no result.
Factory default would be good, but no way I can find to access it.

Zeppelyn 18:57 24 Aug 10

After restart press F4 repeatedly to start recovery process and a menu should appear.

Throbber 20:45 24 Aug 10

Tried F4, but still same old screen loading in about 1 second.

Throbber 21:16 24 Aug 10

Am now getting a rapid beeping sound when I press any F button, but nothing else happens.

Throbber 20:52 30 Aug 10

Just now looked at it with my specs on - cracked screen! Sorry to waste your time, but many thanks, as always, for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…