Windows 7 not booting, black screen

nicoleackles 19:36 27 Jun 16

Hi! I have some issues with my PC.. I wanted to start it today, but Windows didn't boot. After 3 restarts, the message "A disk read error occurred. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart." I spent hours reading how to fix this issue, tried resetting BIOS to default, I replaced the HDD (a SATA HDD with a IDE HDD), I removed and re-added the RAM memories.. 3 out of many times, it beeped 2 times when restarting. Now it doesn't beep.. And it reads the windows CD (windows 7), but every time I select recovery, I get a black screen. I can go into BIOS menu and the "boot from" menu(which later gives the same black screen), other than these, I can't do anything else. The source is fine, the HDD didn't make any noises, all coolers work fine.. Does anyone have any idea what else I can try?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:44 28 Jun 16

"A disk read error occurred. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart."

Its struggling to read your sata SSD.

I replaced the HDD (a SATA HDD with a IDE HDD)

do you have windows installed on this drive and have you reset the BIOS to boot from an IDE hdd?

nicoleackles 16:24 28 Jun 16

The "A disk error occurred" it's tricky.. I browsed through several forums, websites, blogs

I couldn't do much on it, other than enter BIOS,change settings there and select where to boot from. The only reason I replaced the HDD was to see if the original S-ATA HDD was the problem.. And it wasn't. Same black screen was happening with both sata and ide. After I put the original HDD back, and left the PC untouched for a few hours, windows recovery worked, said volume was corrupted, fixed itself and it's working since then, no data was lost I guess rewiring the HDD did the trick, I'm still not sure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…