windows 7 and legacy xp programme

wobbler 14:21 25 Nov 09

Having upgraded to windows 7 Ultimate all seemed ok on my SONY VAIO Lm2n untill i tried installing creatacard gold 3 which just will not run. I tried running in compatabilty mode but still no go. I tried downloading and installing windows 7 xp mode and virtual machine but cannor get virtual machine to run, it keepserroring with " this machine does not support virtualisation". The sony is only a couple of months old. I really like the creatacard programme and would really like it to run. Can anyone suggest any work around for this program?

howard64 14:29 25 Nov 09

did you install the 64 bit version? A lot of progs have not issued updates for 64 bit yet. Try the creatacard site and see if they have an update.

wobbler 14:58 25 Nov 09

I installed the 32 bit

wobbler 14:59 25 Nov 09

And I could find the creatacard site, it seems the publisher changed ownership

gigagiggles 15:32 25 Nov 09

sony may have disabled hardware virtualization support in the bios as a policy. check bios.

there is a utility out there that determines hardware virtualization support capability.

GaT7 15:57 25 Nov 09

As gigagiggles suggests, check if your CPU supports virtualisation in the first place - use SecurAble click here.

If it does, then you'll have to enable it in the BIOS. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…