windows 7 gaming issue???

arminmckidd 22:57 07 Nov 09

So i installed Windows7 on a separate hard drive (clean install--no upgrade) and i tried to play some games to test the frame rate and general gaming experience.
The problem is i cannot start my games properly, some saying a dll file is missing, other games saying something completely different.

Is there a possibilty that the installation of the OS could have done somehting to it.
Id like to point out that all my games are situated on a totally difererent hard drive.

any suggestions?

thanks in advance

gigagiggles 01:18 08 Nov 09

some games require reinstalls from win 7 to register their components with the new OS.

assuming video drivers are updated and directx (aug 2009) installed.

gazzaho 02:33 08 Nov 09

As gigagiggles says Windows 7 and for that matter all Windows versions, will require you to reinstall software after a fresh installation. Some games write to folders created in the User directory of windows for save games and the like, also registry keys may be created for the game or Digital Rights Management files may also be be installed along with the game, and as you've mentioned .dll files, which Windows needs to keep track of.

The short answer is that a lot of games aren't separate from the system, they are, to a lesser or greater extent, integrated into it, this means you will more than likely have to re-install all your games.

rony1434 15:50 28 Dec 09

Hi.
Window 7 is the new realese of microsoft window's platform which have all the qualities of window vista and more over it is more hardware friendly ,fast and far more reliable and for the gaming and graphic solutions it have the direct x 11 support
which is a new revolution in gaming industry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced