Windows 7 file system corrupt!...

martjc 11:59 21 Mar 10

...I recently installed Win7 on a project pc. Install went well. Everything seemed o.k. After a short time I ran the backup prog [backup files on a usb disk].
Yesterday, I was prompted to update the backup. Software told me the machine may be restarted several times. O.K. i thought, let it go. Minutes before this I'd conected my MP3 player [to charge its battery].
The PC restarted, screen went black with a series of white dots top left. I waited...waited...nothing!
Then shut down the machine and tried to reboot. Same dots but no action.
Next bit, reboot with the Windows disk in to try the repair option. This prompted me to remove the MP3 player and reboot. Did this. Same dots, no action.

After three tries of this I took the Win disk out and retried. I got the message 'This is not a bootable disk. Insert a bootable floppy disk.'
Has anyone any ideas on this???

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:20 21 Mar 10

Looks like it tried to make the backup files on the mp3 player.

plug in mp3 player and reboot see what happens.

martjc 12:25 21 Mar 10

Fruit Bat /\0/\
Just tries to boot from HDD then gives the above message. I ain't even using floppies any more!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:28 21 Mar 10

You need to boot from the CD and do a start up repair looks like the boot files are missing / corrupted.

martjc 12:30 21 Mar 10

As i said in first post, maybe not very clearly, have tried start up repair - thst's when I first got the dots.

martjc 12:51 21 Mar 10

...anyone else got any ideas apart from reinstall???

martjc 11:49 23 Mar 10

...no more replies, I have decided to reinstall.
Whatever happened to the brand new file system that was supposed to emerge in Vista, but didn't - then was supposed to be in 7, no sign???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5