Windows 7 - Error 651 - No Internet Connection

Actor One 13:57 25 May 10

I suddenly have a problem with my Internet conect & Windows 7, with my Router (Netgear G) stating that Error 651 has encountered an error

This seems to be a common bug with Windows 7, and there`s a lot of fluffy solutions around, some even stating download this fix (er...how without a connection)- something to do with raspppoe.sys

Any fixes available(step by step, please, no assumptions that I`ll know exactly what your saying)?. As this seems to a problem known about since 7 Beta version way back to last October

My ISP (Virgin) were useless, told me to buy a new RJ11 cable & filter... still waiting for an engineers response after 5 days.

Thanks in advance.

onthelimit 14:51 25 May 10

Chap at work said he cured this by using Firefox. Worth a try if you can connect somewhere else to download it.

Actor One 15:13 25 May 10

I`ll try it as I already have firefox,

thanks...

northumbria61 23:36 25 May 10

It could be down to your ISP. See this article - in particular scroll down to find "conclusion" and related "responses". I don't know if this relates to your problem but there is no harm in contacting your ISP to see what they have to say.

click here

Actor One 08:46 04 Jun 10

Yes it was my ISP, issue resolved, though it took days rather than hours to sort out.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac