Windows 7 Easy Transfer to Vista?

fpg 15:29 31 Oct 09

Yes, I know this is a strange question - it seems to be the wrong way round. But I will spare you the details - I have the Easy Transfer Cable and software (in the O/S) but I cannot get the Win7 to see the Vista PCs.
It may not be possible - even to know this would be helpful to save wasting time.
Has anyone done the transfer of settings and data from Win 7 to Vista using Windows Easy Transfer?
fpg

User-1229748 16:16 31 Oct 09

have had a read about windows easy transfer and it seems as if it can't be done,click here

GaT7 18:38 31 Oct 09

It should work, but if it decides to hang somewhere mid-way through, you'll be stuck with a bigger problem of clearing up the mess. I found out the hard way a few months ago when doing it with XP-XP.

Also, please be aware it can take a long time to complete. 70Gb wanted to take something like 2 days! It's a good thing it decided to hang after 2 hours, as that gave me the incentive to start afresh & do it all manually.

It may seem a whole lot of hard work, but one just cannot beat a fresh OS install & manual install & transfer of everything. Doing it this way also prevents one from transferring all the junk & unwanted files from the previous OS/hard drive. G

fpg 12:06 01 Nov 09

I hear what you say and recognise the words of wisdom based on experience. I will transfer the settings and data manually with a clean start.
Thanks to both
fpg

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…