windows 7 early?

tAtu*! 20:46 16 Oct 09

Hi all
I am looking at buying the/hp/pavillion-23-in-s5200-pc. It states it comes with windows 7. When I went online to buy it, the delivery date is 20-10-09, 2 days before win7 is released. I called the company up and the person i spoke to said that it will be shipped with win7.

Is this correct, can firms ship the PC with Win7 before the official release date?? I don't want to order it and find out its Vista !

Thanks in advance....
Tatu

tAtu*! 08:11 17 Oct 09

bump.

Pine Man 10:43 17 Oct 09

Don't wish to appear rude but why would you believe somebody you don't even know on this forum rather than a representative of a company you are about to order a computer from? It's them you have a contract with.

ambra4 11:01 17 Oct 09

“Windows 7 early?”

NO the official “Retail” release date to the general public is 22 Oct 2009

The official release date to company supplying computers equipment was Aug 2009

“Is this correct, can firms ship the PC with Win7 before the official release date??”

Yes company are allow to install and shipped computers with Windows 7 before the “Retail”

official release date to the public

“I don't want to order it and find out its Vista!”

If you order Windows 7 and it arrive with Vista send it back and demand Windows 7 be installed

sharpamat 12:16 17 Oct 09

dependant on the company if it comes with Vista most supply the upgrade once available. Presume this is from HP if so cheak it on their website

tAtu*! 14:31 17 Oct 09

Thanks for the responses. Pine Man, The reason I doubted this, is because I am buying it from a high street department store and it was a call centre that i called, and with all due respect to the helpline advisor, she in her own words had no computer knowledge.

think I will order it now, and if its supplied with anything less that Win 7 I will send it right back!!

Many Thanks

tatu

tAtu*! 15:06 17 Oct 09

been on the HP site, and it states on there its Win 7 Premium thats the OS installed! thats good enough for me, so ordered the Pc and it arrives Thursday!

Thanks again....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced