Windows 7 Drivers for Epson C48

Alf58 16:00 30 Sep 10

I have an old Epson C48 Printer which I intend to give to my son to use with his laptop at Uni. The slight problem is the driver software I have for the Epson is Win XP whereas my son has a Windows 7 laptop so I need Win 7 drivers for the Epson.

If I go on the Epson website to search for drivers it detects my Win XP machine so does not offer Win 7 drivers so I have no idea if they are available or not.

Can anyone tell me if they are available or not? It would be annoying to drive up to the Uni with the C48 only to find Epson dont Win 7 Drivers for it!

Perhaps some kindly soul with Windows 7 could go on the Epson website and search for Printer drivers for the Epson C48 just to see if there are any?

I would be pathetically grateful!

Sparkly 16:07 30 Sep 10

Hi Alf58 just select your operating system 32/64 bit and see what they have.

click here#

hastelloy 16:34 30 Sep 10

Using Sparkly's link, it doesn't appear that they do drivers for the C48 for W7 in either 32 or 64 bit. A cll or email to Epsom might get you a definitive answer.

chub_tor 16:41 30 Sep 10

click here if this link works it should show you that the C48 is Windows 7 compatible. As far as I can tell Epson does not provide a driver but Microsoft does. You can get some of the Epson software from the link provided by Sparkly.

Woolwell 16:42 30 Sep 10

The Windows 7 compatibility site click here states that no extra drivers are required. Wonder if that is accurate?

Also click here

Alf58 19:47 30 Sep 10

So if it says "compatible no extra software required" does it mean I install the Win Xp driver software on my sons Windows 7 laptop in order to use the Epson C48 or does it mean I just connect it to the USB and it installs without any drivers? I'm a bit puzzled.

woodchip 20:13 30 Sep 10

Epson do not support the Printer for Win7
All you can do is plug it in and see if Win7 will load drivers for it

Alf58 20:15 30 Sep 10

Thank you Woodchip. I'll give it a go this Saturday.

Ashrich 21:01 30 Sep 10

Windows update may well find a suitable driver when the printer is plugged in if there is nothing built in to Windows 7 .

Ashley

Alf58 13:28 02 Oct 10

Thank you for all your support and advice. Everything was very simple in the end. I plugged in the C48s USB cable and Windows 7 installed the drivers and everything was fine. So full marks for Microsoft.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos