windows 7, disc check for consistency

Bill&Ben 10:31 30 Aug 10

on start-up a notice states disc needs checking for consitency, error due to recently installed software, use system restore to restore system prior to installation of software.
In restore I have created a restore point.
Then computer-C-properties-tools- clicked on error checking. window states scan for and attempt recovery of bad sections, this I did.(nearly 2 hours)
In the same window it states on 2nd line, automatically fix file system errors, clicked on,
next window states windows cannot check disc whilst in use, schedule a disc check on next start up, clicked on. On start up again, back to the notice disc needs checking !!
I only have basic computer knowledge, so ansers need to be fully explained, Thanking you Bill & Ben.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:55 30 Aug 10

"In restore I have created a restore point."
You need to restore to a point before you installed the software that is causing the problem.

"windows cannot check disc whilst in use"
This is beacause windows is on this drive. check disk needs to run before windows starts.

"On start up again, back to the notice disc needs checking !!"

click here let it scan at next start up and make sure you leave it until it has finished the larger the drive the longer it takes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now