Windows 7 crash - Help please!

Swampy 17:54 14 Jan 10

Hi,
I'm using Windows 7 64bit. I had Windows Live Mail open and was browsing a web site through an email link. The mail was still open in the background. The system locked up and the only option was to press the reset button. Since then Windows Live Mail won't acces my Hotmail account (although the others are fine). Web browsers are also rejecting some web sites now, saying their authentication is out of date, which they aren't. I can access these with no problem from my laptop. Help please. I have tried system restore to three different times to no avail. Thanks, Swampy

User-1229748 18:02 14 Jan 10

i don't think you should have pressed the reset button but i hope i'm wrong.try downloading updating and running malwarebytes free click here

rdave13 18:10 14 Jan 10

Also check the time and date on your PC.

Swampy 05:47 15 Jan 10

It seems to be okay again now. I have Malwarebytes and ran it straight away but all was fine. I think it must have been the date and time. After giving up for the day I opened Digiguide (TV guide program) to see what was on TV and no programmes were displayed. It told me the date and time were incorrect on my pc and should they correct it. After this all the TV programmes returned. This morning I can access everything as normal.
I didn't even consider a simple thing like the pc date and time! Thanks for your responses, it's much appreciated.
Swampy

Andsome 08:31 15 Jan 10

The time and date should adjust automatically, how is the battery?

Swampy 18:31 15 Jan 10

It's a new motherboard etc. I rebuilt the system almost completely in December. I'm sure it was the crash that caused it somehow. Thanks for the thought anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…