Windows 7, Could not create shortcut check if disk is full

compumac 19:39 26 Apr 15

I actually posted this back in 2013 and never found an answer that worked. I am now back in the same boat and have trawled the internet to find a solution but have not yet found one.

I have been trying to put a shortcut to Google onto my daughters desktop but am unable to do so.

I am able to create shortcuts to items that are on my PC but am unable to create any from websites.

Any new suggestions out there?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:23 26 Apr 15

how are you trying to do it?

right click on desktop - new - shortcut

type www. google . co . uk (without the spaces) - Next - tpye Google - click Finish

compumac 10:23 27 Apr 15

Fruit Bat/\0/\

Thanks for reply. I found that your suggestion works on two of my PC's but on this particular one I receive the dialogue box

"Unable to open this internet shortcut. The protocol "HTTP" does not have a registered programme".

This is the same error that I receive when creating the desktop shortcut by other means.

compumac 11:20 27 Apr 15

Jock1e

Thanks but still same result.

Batch 11:44 27 Apr 15

Have you tried holding down SHIFT whilst dragging and dropping a URL (fropm the address bar) on to the desktop?

Alternatively, Control Panel - Default Programs - Set your Default Programs - select the browser you would like to open http - 'Set this program as default' or 'Choose defaults for this program' and then select HTTP under Protocols.

compumac 13:44 27 Apr 15

Batch

Thanks for response.

Holding down shift etc did not appear to facilitate copy to desktop.

HTTP is selected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…