Windows 7 - BSOD ID: 2057

Snrub 13:07 PM 20 Jul 11
Answered

My Acer desktop has recently started crashing every couple of hours showing the fault as BSOD ID:2057 which after browsing several forums appears to be a hardware signature problem however have not come up with a solution. Any ideas would be appreciated?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:56 PM 20 Jul 11

Unsigned driver for some hardware, have you recently installed updated drivers?

Either roll back the drive / check for updates that are signed

or use EasyBDC and type commands

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE _ INTEGRITY _ CHECKS

(remove spaces before and after -)

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

Snrub 15:44 PM 20 Jul 11

Thanks Fruit Bat have checked for driver updates and all are up to date. Have not installed any new hardware or updated drivers apart from a recommended Windows Auto Update to chipset a few months back and problem has only started a couple of weeks back. This leaves your EasyBCD suggestion. Could you please explain what the commands you refer to will do?

rdave13 23:40 PM 20 Jul 11

Have a look at ths thread, esecially the 02-06-2011, 01:57 AM post by LionHeart558 . Suggesting overheating?

Snrub 01:00 AM 21 Jul 11

Thanks rdave13 considered overheating and have monitored CPU which is a quad core and all temps normal. I did however, tilt the computer to plug in an audio lead and when I did this the BSOD occurred so thinking possibly something loose inside. It's a small midi desktop which does get moved around. It's about 18 months old out of warranty so I think I will have to break the seal, open it up and check that memory seating properly etc,

Snrub 13:46 PM 21 Jul 11
Answer

I am ticking this as sorted since all seems normal now, suspect it was a bad ethernet contact on back of computer. Thanks to all responses much appreciated.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites