windows 7 BSOD

wids001 20:36 14 Sep 10

After some 3 months of use, my new computer suddenly crashed with a BSOD. The folowing message appeared.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff88006675fa4, 0xfffff8800ba41e10, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP.

Win 7 64bit home premium
4gb ram

Can anyone advise what problem the above report would indicate?

Thanks in advance

I am Spartacus 20:54 14 Sep 10

A quick google suggests it could be a problem with Memory or Graphics Card drivers.

You could try updating your graphics drivers and/or run MemTest86 click here to check your RAM.

Have you recently made any changes to your system?

wids001 21:34 14 Sep 10

Thanks for the response. I've made no changes at all, hardware wise and no new programs for at least a month. Tonight, when I switched on I couldn't open any mail in LiveMail. I transferred a new CD onto my comp and was then updating my database when it the machine creashed.

VOT Productions 21:50 14 Sep 10

When did it happen (hours or days ago)
Crashes on boot?
Brand of computer?
Happens in Safe Mode?
Can you use Google?

wids001 06:49 15 Sep 10

I was updating my Music Collector Database, when it suddenly crashed. Never happened before in the 3 months that I have had the machine. It happened last night after I'd been on it around 1.5 hours.

The m/c is an acer all-in-one. after the BSOD I rebooted and the options menu (start in safe mode, with network, normal) came up, but I couldn't move the bar from the "normal" start. After the seconds counted don it restarted and since then I have had no further problems. It conected to the internet to check for updates on the fault but nothing came up.

As mentioned everything seems to be okay and yes, I can access google. I haven't tried safe mode.

KremmenUK 06:57 15 Sep 10

Ensure you save the C:\Windows\Memory.dmp file and search around for the Microsoft tool that allows this file to be interrogated.

I did it about a year ago and it's not easy but it is do-able.

There are forums that you can post the contents of this file and you will get 'the answer'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac