Windows 7 Bootable Hard Drive has failed!

Jakey boy 01 Jan 13
Answered

Hi Everyone! Happy New Year! Not been here for a long time I know, but here's the problem, hope someone can help. I have an HP PC which I refurbished a couple of years ago, I upgraded from XP to Win 7 and now the hard drive has failed! Luckily I realised it might be failing and backed it up using the windows 7 backup facility. Trouble is, I don't know how to go about transferring to second drive to save my bootable OS! I have backed up to an external HD. Any help or guides would be extremely helpful!

onthelimit1 01 Jan 13
Answer

Did you make a System backup? If so, it's easy Microsoft link here

Chronos the 2nd 01 Jan 13

Use the opportunity to clean install Windows 7.

Jakey boy 02 Jan 13

Yes onthelimit1, I did make a backup. I didn't realise it was an actual "System Backup" though, just a data backup. Luckily I had a spare Hard Drive knocking about, and after a few false starts, I managed to restore to it. Many thanks to both of you that replied.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message