windows 7 beta

sunnystaines 20:27 09 Jan 09

anyone got a link for pc spec to run this o/s.

and what software will or not run.

anyone tried the beta yet.

jimv7 20:43 09 Jan 09

Here's the link, but the server is down click here#

jimv7 20:44 09 Jan 09

Plus have a read click here

birdface 21:07 09 Jan 09

Servers overloaded.click here

AL47 21:29 09 Jan 09

doesnt look like any majorly improved, certainly not worth buying

it's very stable and IMHO is the vista final. there are some smaller tweeks, and a whole pile of things they need to make better, uac still sucks, there's far too much enabled by default, but it's pretty much sp3 for vista, it's better for quad cores a basic time stamp leveller for programs/ games that access the core directly, you put your ebay short cuts, clocks, gadgets and other crap where you want to, there's no side bar as such (did anyone ever use it?) as with vista the basic core is first class it just needs to be better managed.
you're not going to see too much difference than beta vista sp2. vista service packs have been a collection of hotfixes and tweeks that pretty much everyone had installed from manufactures back doors, windows 7 IMHO is a service pack! they wont call it that because they can't sell it for so much.

ambra4 00:58 10 Jan 09

You can also download Windows 7 Beta from this site

click here

sunnystaines 10:12 10 Jan 09

not a lot of improvement by the look of it

birdface 10:36 10 Jan 09

Nope.Still no movement.They have probably reached the total amount of downloads by now.

rawprawn 15:37 10 Jan 09

I downloaded using the link from ambra4 with no problem, but when I try to install I get install.wim missing and cannot continue. I suspect the download to be corrupt but I am not sure.

rawprawn 15:38 10 Jan 09

I downloaded using the link from ambra4 with no problem, but when I try to install I get install.wim missing and cannot continue. I suspect the download to be corrupt but I am not sure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac