Windows 7 backups not working

Splodge 10:00 AM 15 Jun 13

I have had Windows 7 for some years but, now, for some reason, I cannot make a backup to an external drive. A message says check RSS and some other location but I am at a complete loss. I have formatted 2 different external drives and neither will allow the backup to proceed despite there being plenty of room.

I had no trouble in the past, and I can still copy across documents and file but not a recovery file.

Can anyone please help!

northumbria61 11:37 AM 15 Jun 13

Check in SERVICES to see that Volume Shadow Copy and Windows Backup are both running or set to run - or select RESTART

Splodge 14:18 PM 15 Jun 13

Spot on and thank you northumbria61!

I checked, I adjusted and WHOOPEE I backed up in full for the first time in yonks!!

If you were a 6 feet dazzling blonde in her 20's I would kiss you!

In any case I am very impressed and ... not obvious because no one else had the knowhow to reply!

Good Job!

northumbria61 14:53 PM 15 Jun 13

Thanks for the feedback - How did you know I am not a 6 feet dazzling blonde in her 20's? I'm not, but it's not my fault I was born a male!! Now concentrate on those backups and stop daydreaming.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X