Windows 7 backups

Splodge 14:30 PM 30 Jul 11

I already use the Windows 7 backup system but, I do like to see the XP layout displayed on my external drive instead of a meaningless series of files stored by the Windows 7.

I like the Acronis for the XP and wonder if there is a similar backup program for Windows 7.

Suggestions please. Also, I have 2 drives installed on the XP machine so what would happen if I had a 2-drive Windows 7 computer?

rawprawn 15:39 PM 30 Jul 11

Whats wrong with using Aconis on Windows 7

Splodge 15:17 PM 31 Jul 11

Thanks Rawprawn.

I tried Acronis 11 a year ago. Unfortunately it has a dissimilar layout to Acronis 10 and that rather put me off.

However, I bought Acronis 11 today and, while it shows a similar configuration to the Windows 7 backup, it DOES allow the user to view the individual files.

As I have a spare external drive, I have now got the differing backups on separate external drives.

If you think it was overkill, it is not! My new computer died on me 4 times in the first year and the manufacturer (giving no names) replaced the HD 3 times before I INSISTED (via a letter to the MD that the cause was faulty capacitors on the motherboard. When that was replaced, the HD sprang back to life and I have had no trouble since. (fortunate for them ... I bought another 3 years cover from them!

But your suggestion did make me take another look at Acronis 11 and it is ony £24 so well worth it.

rawprawn 15:59 PM 31 Jul 11

I'm glad you are sorted, Acronis is the benchmark for backups in my opinion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11