Windows 7 Backup - What file names

wee eddie 17:58 10 May 14
Answered

I have been using Windows 7 Backup for a while and intend to start from scratch again.

There are a number of files on the External Hard Drive.

Where do I go to find out which of these are related to the Backup. The standard instructions give no indication of the names of the files that will be created.

onthelimit1 09:05 11 May 14

I have a W7 machine that I backed up to an external hard drive which shows a folder of Windows Image Backup.

wee eddie 12:33 11 May 14

Unfortunately W7 Backup did not only put its files into a Folder for me, several other files appeared at about the same time as the first Backup which may, or may not, be associated.

I have several other unidentified Files on the Drive and I had thought of putting the whole lot into a Folder, named, say, Old Backup and starting again might work.

These are the unknown files on the Drive:

"aac5463f6e8f13e8d63dde"

"EDBAINES-PC"

"WindowsImageBackup" ~ This is the only one that is certainly part of the backup

"MediaID.bin"

onthelimit1 13:04 11 May 14

OK - I only have the one folder I mentioned.

wee eddie 16:20 11 May 14
Answer

Thanks, you're almost certainly right as the "WIB" Folder is the only one that carries the latest backup date: Tonight is backup Night.

Tomorrow, I will put all of them into another Folder and start afresh. Later, I will delete the only one that has been duplicated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009