Windows 7 Backup Period Settings

dougal34 00:47 27 Jul 15

I use the MS Windows 7 Backup programme and for some months now there is only ONE backup after each scheduled Backup. It always has a start date of 19.01.2015 and is getting bigger and bigger. Previously there were Backups that were serially only One Week long and I would delete so only the most recent remained and they were only 1 GB or so Is there some way I can return the setting to such processing?

Bailifei 03:35 27 Jul 15

I'd suggest you to switch to some other backup tools. Windows backup never works well to me. Some freeware even work better than that. They can automatically delete the old image files. U can try paragon backup&recovery free or easeus todo backup free.

wee eddie 04:07 27 Jul 15

On the Drive that the Backup is held, I have a file named 'WindowsImageBackup' with the date it was originally made in the next column.

If I go to the Control Panel > Backup your Computer > I get the amount of space available on the Drive and the date of the latest Backup.

dougal34 10:59 28 Jul 15

Thanks Bailifei and wee eddie

I have had a look at both you mentioned and I will download a free version of each and trial them at the weekend. Certainly Easeus looks more like what I was used to.

Cheers dougal34

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5