Windows 7 and Audacity query

Happy37 08:22 23 Oct 09

Hi all

I have loaded Windows 7 Pro on my P4 2.4Ghz PC, 2GB RAM, with 2 brand new hard drives and all is working well.

I have managed to get Audacity version 1.2.6 running in compatibility mode (Windows XP SP3).

Audacity works well - I do have a query - how do I get the program to "remember" the Microphone input volume, and keep it to the same level in every session?

The speaker output volume works OK - it's the Microphone input volume that changes with every recording session...it's a pain having to slide and move things every time.

Any thoughts, please?

Thanks.

Happy37

eedcam 08:45 23 Oct 09

Strange it does not change with mine it will retain all the input settings bear in mind its only using window recording control not audacity

Happy37 08:49 23 Oct 09

eedcam

Thanks for this - so, how do I correct this?

eedcam 22:10 23 Oct 09

Hi sorry no idea I've had a good search around but can see no reasopn it should not reatain it etting for each input .Perhaps its either a Windows 7 isuue or you rsound card

stlucia 08:03 24 Oct 09

I asked a similar question a short while back, using XP. I got no answer to the problem.

But while experimenting I noted that on many occasions the Audacity mic volume control was linked directly to the PC's volume control that pops up when I click the loudspeaker icon at the bottom right of my screen -- i.e. I change the PC speaker volume and the Audacity mic volume moved in sympathy with it. Quite often, if I had changed my PC's speaker volume for listening to tracks, or to a soundrack on a web page, I would find that Audacity's mic volume control had changed to maximum next time I opened Audacity. And quite often, if I tried to change the Audacity mic volume it would snap-to maximum volume.

My only solution was not to touch the PC's volume control during a recording session where I wanted the mic volume to stay the same.

Happy37 13:35 26 Oct 09

Hi eedcam and stlucia

Thanks for the advice - I have now gone back to using Windows XP as Audacity was proving too unstable for me to use on Windows 7 Pro.

Will wait for the new non-beta version of it to come out before trying again under Windows 7.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Happy37

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…