windows 7 and administrators permission

charlton200 03 Sep 11

Myself and my wife have our own user account on our laptop. I am the administrator. I took my password off as I didn't want to use it. When my wife goes to delete something she needs administrators permission to delete this via a password. I have deleted my password, so there is no way of deleting this file other then going back to my side and setting another password. we are then able to go back to her account to delete the file. How do we go about not using a password and still letting deletions from her account? I am able to delete from my account without a password but not hers.

Thanks

buteman 03 Sep 11

I don't think you need to use another password just make your wifes account as administrator as well.

I hope I have got that right.

charlton200 04 Sep 11

I thought only one person could be the administrator?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 04 Sep 11

You can allow as many accounts as you like admin privs

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message