Windows 7 Action Center Reports Errors

tallboy 09:58 AM 24 Aug 12

The Microsoft Windows 7 Action Center on my PC reports that I have no Software Protection, Virus Protection or Firewall, even though I have Norton Internet Security & that reports all three are working fine.

If I try the 'switch on Norton' function on the Action Center nothing happens & it just continues to report the same messages. I could of course, just ignore the messages, but it would be better to get it to do what it is supposed to do.

Any ideas as to a fix would be welcome.

rdave13 10:07 AM 24 Aug 12

Some answers from Norton forums.

tallboy 11:34 AM 24 Aug 12

Thanks for the quick response rdave13 - I see I am not alone with this problem! Whilst the Norton Forum shows a couple of suggestions, it doesn't (so far) give a full-proof answer.

I guess I should have stuck with Kaspersky - that worked just fine with no conflict with Windows 7.

Thanks for the quick response rdave13 - I see I am not alone with this problem! Whilst the Norton Forum shows a couple of suggestions, it doesn't (so far) give a full-proof answer.

I guess I should have stuck with Kaspersky - that worked just fine with no conflict with Windows 7.

rdave13 11:48 AM 24 Aug 12
  rdave13 11:49 AM 24 Aug 12
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone