Windows 7 (and 8?) now includes ability to delete old Windows Updates

Batch 15:28 09 Oct 13

I know the inability to remove old Windows Updates in W7 & W8 is something that many have been frustrated by for a long time.

In the latest batch of Windows Updates there was a Recommended Update that has introduced such a. See KB2852386

I'v got this in W7x64 & W7x32. I assume it is also in W8.

I'd recommend doing a system image (or at least a restore point) before running this. BTW, follow the instructions in the KB article to run it.

Enjoy.

Batch 17:40 09 Oct 13

Wasn't sure if there might be a separate update that did the same for W8.

john bunyan 19:20 09 Oct 13

Batch

Thanks for the steer on this. I have W7 64 bit and it cleaned out about 7 gig of junk. It did take a long time, with a restart , before all was cleared.

Batch 08:37 10 Oct 13

Jock1e,

Without knowing the details of exactly what it does, it is hard to compare with what can already be achieved on XP anyhow. For example, CCleaner includes a capabilty to remove old Windows Update files from XP (and earlier).

iscanut2 12:58 10 Oct 13

Thanks for the tip batch. have just done it and cleared over 6 gig.

rdave13 14:35 10 Oct 13

Thank you for that Batch. It does work on Windows 8 but I had to run Disk clean-up twice for it to show. Same as getting rid of the windows old. folder. Took a while and no reboot needed. Cleared 660 MB.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…