Windows 7!!

Destineybabe 03:07 21 Nov 10

Hello, i have recently installed Windows 7 and i really need help as i have programs such as Steam on my computer which would normaly (on windows vista) start up noramlly and have no conflict! But now there is a security icon on all of the Steam icons which is preventing it from running on start up and doing atomatic updates even though the setting on steam are still the same. And one other issue, when i had Windows Vista i choose the "windows classic" look for my start menu because i found it so much easier to use then the new format, is there any way i can set the start menu to look like the classic windows start menu on window's 7.
Any feedback is appriciated, Thank You!

gengiscant 08:32 21 Nov 10

Steam really does not need to start when your PC boots,it just slows things down. I am not sure what you mean by security icon on all Steam icons, a few more details please.

For the Classic question, I myself have not tried these, but have a look here:click here
click here

nob14 09:44 21 Nov 10

I would think its a firewall issue check your firewall settings.

birdface 09:51 21 Nov 10

If using I/E make sure you have compatibility mode ticked under tools.
Maybe not that but worth a try.

Jayar 10:10 21 Nov 10

Re the Windows 7 Start Menu issue, I agree. I found it unwieldy and difficult to navigate, so I installed Vista Start Menu (freeware, plenty of sites via Google) and it has worked well for me.

Destineybabe 11:41 21 Nov 10

Thank You you have all help me resolve my problems! :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac