Windows 7

TonyV 13:22 29 Dec 09

I ran the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor just to see if my machine would accept Win7. It appears that it will, but said there was one programme that would need to be updated.

The Programme was Windows Live Mail. So I clicked the button to update WLM and low and behold, Mr Microsoft has done it again. Something that was perfectly acceptable has now been updated to a system that is devoid of icons in the tool bar area and none are available in the Customise button.

Where do Microsoft come from!!

There used to be a button available for Send and Receive, where a single click would check all my e mail address for new mail. This has now vanished.

How can I get back to the older version of WLM?

I really am sick of the way Mr Microsoft does this to its software. It spoils something that is perfectly adequate and installs something that is far worse. (One pace forward and 19 backwards!)

TonyV

Quiet Life 13:38 29 Dec 09

Could not agree more. Outlook Express was a very good program and could be configured as I wanted it. Windows Mail and Windows Live could not be so I had to resort to Thunderbird.
I would run Outlook but do not wish to pay for a mail program.

TonyV 13:51 29 Dec 09

I thought I would be able to go back to what I had, but it still picked up the updated one. So it looks as though I am being forced in to using it since I'm not sure about the myriad of other e mail programmes that are avaiable.

TonyV

tes 14:14 29 Dec 09

To send & receive mail click on "sync"

TonyV 16:02 29 Dec 09

Thanks for that. But is there no way that I can revert back to the older version?

Thanks

TonyV

Allan RISC OS user 16:12 29 Dec 09

"Quiet Life" recommended Thunderbird for emails, I also find it a very good programme and have used it for years along with Firefox and Foxit reader, but you will have to down load a British UK English dictionary but that's no hardship. (I assume you are in the UK)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…