windows 7

muffin1947 16:13 08 Sep 09

I believe windows 7 is coming out probably next month.Anyone heard anything about it.

zarobian 16:17 08 Sep 09

According to Microsoft it will be offered for sale as from October 22,2009.

Heroditus 16:26 08 Sep 09

click here
Unfortunately the "Pre Order Offer" at arount £63 seems to be finished

Pineman100 18:57 08 Sep 09

Be a bit careful about installing W7 on your computer. The machine's age and specification will be important in deciding whether it's capable of running W7.

If it's a fairly up-to-date machine, currently running Vista, then you should be OK. Indeed, if previews are to be believed, you may find W7 faster than Vista.

But if yours is an older XP machine, it's doubtful whether W7 will run satisfactorily.

Microsoft's minimum spec for W7 32-bit is a 1GHz processor, 1GB of main memory, 16GB of free disk space, support for DX9 graphics with 128MB of memory for the Aero interface, and a DVD-R/W drive.

Personally, I'd aim a fair bit higher than that, to ensure long-term sprightliness in your system.

GaT7 19:08 08 Sep 09

We've been hearing about it for a while now.

Win7 PCA forum at click here

Win7 PCA news click here

The original £40-50 offer (for the Premium edition) has indeed expired, but it can still be had at Misco click here & Tesco click here, etc for a still very respectable £70.

I'm running the Win7 RC (beta) on an 'older' AMD 64 S939 single-core system with 2Gb DDR RAM & it's not too bad at all. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…