Windows 64 bit Beta

Michendi 10:46 05 Nov 04

If anyone has experience of installing the Windows 64 bit Beta I would appreciate your feedback. Platform : Processor - Athlon 64 3200+ / RAM - 1Gb / C1 - VIA K8HTB / C2 - AMD Opteron HTT / Video - Radeon 9800 Pro / OS - XP Pro SP2.

Chris..b 11:42 05 Nov 04

If you got it from microsoft they may offer customer support although this is not likely so any thing that goes wrong is not there fault.

If you've got a warez version (illegal) then DO NOT INSTALL IT...

Reasons why

1) Its illegal
2) It could be full of bugs and virus that hackers have put on it.

In either case if anything goes wrong with beta copies its YOUR problem.

I would just make sure that you have backup disks for the system so you can restore it.

Michendi 18:54 05 Nov 04

You have completely misunderstood the issue - which probably means others have too!! So let me try again.... Windows 64-bit is a new OS (currrently in Beta) available as a free download from Microsoft which runs with the Athlon 64-bit Opteron processor. I am looking for comments from Windows professionals who have had good/bad experience with installing this Beta product.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…