Windows 2003 Network Internet Connection

Freddie_Derf 07:08 20 Aug 05

I have replaced our nt4 server with Windows 2003 Standard Edition Server oporating system. I have set up connectivity to the clients without too many issues but I am struggling to get a connection to the Internet. The network connects to the internet via a 3Com Office Connect ISDN Modem but I am unable to get a connection for whatever the reason. I go through the motions of setting a connection but when I attempt to connect Internet Explorer fails to display the page. I have set up the server as a "Typical Server". Have I missed out a service? Anyone have any ideas?

recap 23:57 20 Aug 05

You can check to see if your ISP is set up corectly by running a command prompt. Type nslookup in a command prompt to see if you have the correct DNS address of your ISP.

If you have the correct ISP IP address I would check that you have configured your DNS server correctly and router.

AndySD 00:58 21 Aug 05

Server 2003 has enhanced IE Security.

1. On the Start menu, point to Settings and click Control Panel.

2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.

3. Click Add/Remove Windows Components.

4. In the Windows Components Wizard, de-select Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration and then click Next.

Why do you need to connect the server to the internet?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…