Windows 2000 / XP Pro niggle

interzone55 20:02 15 Jul 05

I have a network that consists of 2 IBM Thinkpads and a PC.
1 Thinkpad runs Win98se and connects via Cat5e cable, the other Thinkpad runs Win2000 pro and connects via a D-Link WiFi card.
The PC runs XP Pro and is connected to a D-Link wireless ADSL modem/router by Cat5e cable.

The Win98 thinkpad can browse my PC and send jobs to the PCs Epson printer without problems.

My PC can browse both laptaps easily.

The Win2000 laptop has to "login" to the PC using the PCs password before it can browse folders or send any jobs to the printer.

Anyone know how I can get the Win2000 laptop to automatically log into the network?

TIA
Alan

mgmcc 20:43 15 Jul 05

You possibly need to create a User Account in Windows XP with an identical Username and Password to that used in Windows 2000. The Windows 2000 laptop will then be a "valid user" which is recognised by XP and access allowed. (You don't need to be logged in to XP with that account, its existence is sufficient.) More details about this at click here

interzone55 20:56 16 Jul 05

Thanks, I think that's probably the answer.

Alan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…