Windows 2000 Server

Y2K_Phil 13:17 01 May 06

I currently have a server running Windows 2000 Server. I am considering upgrading to Windows SBS 2003 OEM version on a new machine. Is there a way of backing up all of the settings on my current server i.e active directory, saved user files, etc. So I can then load them into SBS when I do a fresh install on a new machine?

Thanks

Phil

recap 15:12 01 May 06

Using Backup Wizard from Start/Accessories you should select all files folder that you require to backup to your media. Make sure you back up the System State.

When restoring the media to your SBS, select 'A new Location' when prompted to Restore, and not 'Original Location'

All this is assuming that you can restore your data to a SBS?

Maybe mgmcc will be around later to help you further?

Y2K_Phil 15:42 01 May 06

Thanks for the info, will this include all of the active directory info. I really need it totally transfer from the old system to the new system with as little trouble as possible.

recap 10:36 02 May 06

The system state is AD user details/profiles etc. When ever backing up you should always make sure the System State is included in the back up if nothing else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…