Windows 2000 restarts

MarkRider 11:11 07 Apr 05

I have a pc running Windows 2000, when when I switch it on it gets as far as the Windows desktop and the pc restarts. It does it in normal mode and safe mode , and I can't do anything to stop it.

I thought maybe it was a virus but I've search the net and can't find any solution?

MichelleC 11:31 07 Apr 05

You may have to troubleshoot hardware, but try booting from w2k disc and run a 'repair':

With the cdrom booting up you select 'install', then you will be prompted to enter the repair console in the next screen. Do not enter the repair console here but continue on by selecting 'install' again. Then you should be presented with the listed operating systems on your pc . This should give you the option to repair those installations. This way it will rewrite over the entire operating system but will leave your installed programs intact. The only difference I have seen using this method is that it wipes out every windows update..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…