Windows 2000 Pro busy on opening

Phlomis 13:52 14 Dec 03

I have Windows 2000 Pro on a Dell Laptop. When I open it, it can take up to a minute after achieving full windows, for any work to be possible. I tried shutting down and discovered a program working in the background. The box was titled "CSC Notifications Window" What is this program? Can I shut it down so that it doesn't run when I open windows? If so how? Thanks.

Big Elf 14:04 14 Dec 03

I'm guessing that this is MS Console Based Script Host. There is an article here which might help click here

I didn't understand it but it may help.

mrdsgs 14:37 14 Dec 03

probably what is happening is that w2000 is looking for other computers on the network. This is the default setting

If there aren't any that may explain the delay.

Mine takes about a minute and it is automatically reconnecting to 7 other machines and during this time i can do little/nothing as the pcs resources are controlled by the network search.

mrdsgs

Phlomis 16:03 14 Dec 03

That sounds very likely as my laptop is a stand alone. How do I get at the program to change the default setting?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…