Windows 2000 - printer not working - help

bexley42 23:08 29 Nov 04

I have recently updated to Windows 2000 Professional and now I can't use my old Epson Stylus 660 inkjet printer. It worked fine in Windows 98. I have used the driver from my CD and downloaded from Epson - nothing works. Please help.

Danoh 02:05 30 Nov 04

Did you use the Printer driver update route to install the W2k driver from Epson's support web site?

starlet 11:13 30 Nov 04

Hi Bexley,
I had the same problems and contacted Epsom here are the instructions they gave me and it works for sure.

1. From the Desktop select Start > Settings > Printers.

2. In the Printers window click on the Add Printer icon this will bring up the Add Printer wizard.

4. Click the 'Next' button until you arrive at the screen entitled 'Install Printer Software'

5. This screen will be split into two parts. On the left hand side you will need to pick the Manufacturer, in this case EPSON. On the right hand side select the model of you printer, if your model is not present you should select the EPSON STYLUS COLOR ESC/P2 entry. When you have selected the options click the 'Next' button to continue.

6. Keep clicking 'Next' leaving all the settings at default until you reach the final screen where you will need to select 'Finish'. The printer driver will now be installed.

Regards Starlet

bexley42 12:13 30 Nov 04

Thank you for your time. I have tried your suggestions but no luck. I think the printer is at its end and I will have to get another one. Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…