windows 2000 pc not booting up

icanneebearsed 21:53 22 Jul 04

The PC gets through the initial boot up phase and windows looks to have loaded up (excuse me if I am not using the correct terminology). However after this the monitor goes blank. The PC remains on but unfunctional. I entered the Bios and changed the boot criteria to read from the Windows CD but to no avail. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Diodorus Siculus 21:57 22 Jul 04

Press F8 at startup and try in safe-mode or in vga mode; sounds as if there are corrupted graphics drivers or too high a refresh rate set on the monitor.

johnsims 21:59 22 Jul 04

What, if any beeps do you get during the boot process? If there is anything other than a single beep at the start of the POST process, this would signify a fault and you will need to interpret them from your motherboard beep codes listing - either in the manual or on the bios manufacturer's website.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple