Windows 2000 monitor driver

andy625 13:16 21 Dec 05

Can anyone tell me where I can get a driver for a basic monitor in windows 2000.

I reinstalled win2000 the other night and cant get the screen to show more than 8 colours. I have had a quick search but with no luck so far.

andy625 13:45 21 Dec 05

I can get that from device manager, right? Or will i have to take the case off?

recap 13:48 21 Dec 05

If you go to Start/Run and type in dxdiag, a window will be displayed giving you most of what is on your system. Click the Display tab to get the information you require.

andy625 14:09 21 Dec 05

Then I just need to search for the appropriate display adaptor for the card presuemably?

MichelleC 16:42 21 Dec 05

Or if you go online and go to device manager and d/click display adapter and reinstall driver and navigate via windows update (sometimes picks up a near driver). If not go to maker's site.

andy625 17:26 21 Dec 05

Thanks everyone I'll try that out.

andy625 13:02 24 Dec 05

I looked at the display adapter in device manager, (Compaq qvision) which has an yellow symbol next to it. When you click on properties it says there is a code 12 error "the device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (code 12)" You will need to disable one of the other devices on the system.

I think there is about 512 of RAM in the machine, and I know that the pc has run windows 2000 before with no problems (I've recently reformatted it).

Any ideas how to get round this?

MichelleC 09:40 26 Dec 05

See if this helps click here

pj123 14:32 26 Dec 05

Or even download Belarc: click here

this will tell you everything you have on your computer.

Once you know the display card you have you should be able to get a display driver from Driverguide. click here

You don't need to join. Just click on the "member login" link and enter "Drivers" as the login name and "all" as the password.

andy625 12:27 27 Dec 05

Thanks for the replies. I tried unplugging a usb device to free up some resources, and then reinstalling the display adapter and that didn't work. I downloaded belarc, and that says no display is detected. Any ideas? Should I try reinstalling windows?

andy625 12:29 27 Dec 05

Just checked again on device manager, and its now saying code 28 no drivers installed. Suprise suprise, as I don't know what it is!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…