WINDOWS 2000 LOG-ON PASSWORD (FORGOTTEN)

Rosalie86 09:20 01 Oct 08

Hi everyone, I have an old lap top with Windows 2000 on it and I've forgotten the Admin log-on password.. I use to have a disc that I made from a downloaded file that would show me the first 2 letters. But I can't find that neither... Not having much luck really...:-( Does anyone know of a site that I can get such a tool free..

Many thanks

baldydave 10:06 01 Oct 08

Here is a excellent tool,follow instructions and create bootdisk,then run it and it will remove the password so you access windows,find it here
click here

Technotiger 10:15 01 Oct 08

This is an old trick which sometimes works, not guaranteed but worth a try.....

On the logon screen, hold CTRL+ALT and press DEL twice. Then as the user, put Administrator
Leave the password blank.

birdface 13:47 01 Oct 08

Try in safe mode[Just keep tapping F8 as computer starts.
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type “control userpasswords2?, and then click OK.
Click the user account that you forgot the password for, and then click Reset Password.
Type a new password in both the New password and the Confirm new password boxes, and then click OK.
That will only work if it lets you in without the password.Now that was for XP not sure about 2000.

birdface 17:15 01 Oct 08

Googled.click here= You might find something in there that will work.But some bad sites in there you would need Mcafee Site advisor or Avg Link Scanner to feel a bit safer when searching.

linky1124 07:46 06 Aug 09
  Technotiger 09:52 06 Aug 09

A bit late I reckon - the last post on this thread was 01 October 2008 ....... :-))

lotvic 15:01 06 Aug 09

That makes 3 threads you have dragged up from months ago
Are you the new spammer?

wskaihd 06:40 10 Oct 09

As far as I know , there are two main methods to solve the windows password problem as follows:

1st Method:
Start system and when you see Windows Welcome screen / Login screen, press ctrl+alt+del keys twice and it'll show Classic Login box. Now type \Administrator\ (without quotes) in Username and leave Password field blank. Now press Enter and you should be able to log in Windows.
Now you can reset your account password from \Control Panel - User Accounts\.
Same thing can be done using Safe Mode. In Safe Mode Windows will show this in-built Administrator account in Login screen.

2th Method:
Windows password Recovery software:
for example:Windows Password Recovery It is easy and convenient to use.
click here

lotvic 11:54 10 Oct 09

you spamming forum by posting links to software you have to purchase.
Guess you are on sales commission.

bombermanneo 04:10 17 Nov 09

Thank you for your windows password recovery tool 3.0
it works great.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos