Windows 2000 keeps re-booting continously !

Giggle n' Bits 12:53 22 May 03

Friend phoned me with this problem. He has Win 2000 been ok for a year suddenly when switcing on PC, it will boot just past Splash screen then show a plain blue (Not BSOD) and reboot itself non stop unles yuou switch the PC off.

Told him to try the F8 repiar options like Restore last good known config, and Safe mode with no sucess.

Is it a Virus or a totally distroyed Win File corruption. Can he do anything to recover his Win2000 O's ?.

Nothing was installed before or fitted, last use was AOL ISP ealier in day.

recap 13:15 22 May 03

Only thing I can suggest is to create a boot disk reboot and do a clean install. It sounds like W2K has crashed.

MichelleC 15:03 22 May 03

Run av in dos - takes ages but it's worth it. If not virus install w2k over itself. Did he do rescue disk?

Giggle n' Bits 15:36 22 May 03

on inspecting the Win 2000 files or HDD the message confirmed windows 2k to be corrupt beyond repiar.

Thanks recap & MichelleC (BRELAXED!) wish I could be.

Danoh 15:50 22 May 03

Had the same situation come up with my XP home ~ re-instal fixed it so I didn't lose data. However, once recovered, I backed up data and did full reformat and instal ~ no problems since.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…