windows

joe95 19:15 18 Dec 03

Ihave been running XP now for a month no problems then I thought I would put my photos on to the PC. problem 1 can't fing the windows photo programme. 2 tried to restore in I had dine something foolish no joy.
PC came with XP installed no discs.
Thanks Joe

spikeychris 19:18 18 Dec 03

Which program are you looking for?

bremner 19:20 18 Dec 03

In Explorer XP can show the photographs as thumbnails or as a filmstrip.

Just Go to explorer and in Views choose one or the other

spikeychris 19:33 18 Dec 03

Just type "photo" into help and support.

Chris

There are a number of programs in XP which will display photos. I suspect your problem is getting them into the PC in the first place. In what format are the pictures at the moment?

MAJ 19:42 18 Dec 03

1. Download Irfanview, it's a free photo programme, you can view and edit your pictures with that. click here

2. Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore and click on the "System Restore Settings" link then click the System Restore tab and make sure that "Turn off System Restore on all drives" is not tick.

spikeychris 19:58 18 Dec 03

joe95 mailed me a while ago with "I thought Windows came with an editor" (paraphrase as I deleted it)

MAJ 20:32 18 Dec 03

"I have done this several times and get message cannot restore to this date"

joe95, it's best to post your replies in here, that way everyone knows what's going on and things become a lot less complicated.

XP's default viewer is "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer"

joe95 22:19 19 Dec 03

I still can't restore am I missing some point?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…