Windows 10 preview 9926

Davith 16:27 30 Mar 15

I intend to load windows 10 release 9926 onto a PC on a dedicated Hard Disk Drive. There were rumours with the earlier original release that it could possibly trash your BIOS thus rendering the PC unusable and also unrecoverable. How true is this or has that been resolved in the latest release?

alanrwood 17:20 30 Mar 15

Why not use the later version 10041

robin_x 18:46 30 Mar 15

I found this, but I'm not sure if people are confusing messed up boot data with a messed up BIOS.

Back-up your BIOS if you are worried (or make a note of the settings). W10 will change boot information so any existing drives should be disconnected before you install on spare disk. Or have a look for guides on dual-booting The 10041 iso is not available yet, but should be soon.

robin_x 18:49 30 Mar 15

I see the PCA elves have now decreed Carriage returns an optional displayable character

Procrastinus 09:14 02 Apr 15

I have Win 7, Win 8.1 and Win10 on separate HDDs and swap them around on the same machine. I can conform that my BIOS has not been changed by any of the operating systems and that each HDD boots up into it's own OS.

Davith 09:47 02 Apr 15

Thanks Procrastinus that exactly what I wanted to hear I have HDD cassettes which I swap in and out as required. Have both windows 7 and windows 8.1 in use by swapping cassettes. I can now happily add Windows 10. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5