Windowns XP constently restaring during boot up

RobbyC 20:05 07 May 03

Today after adding in extra windows xp components i restarted my computer.
It gets through the windows xp logo with the blue loading bar but after that has finished before the blue screen apears it restarts. Every single tim eit does this so i can no longer use my computer. The same thing happens even if i select safe mode.
Please can anyone help?
I would reinstall windows xp but even though I can build computers i dont know how to do a clean install.

allan01 20:17 07 May 03

I had exactly the same problem at the weekend following messing about with boot screen mods. Sadly I have to say I could find no way to get the machine past the constant re-starting and had to do a clean install using the XP disc. It's a doddle. If you can build PC's then you should have no bother with it!

cdb 20:59 07 May 03

click here

What did you add?

BibleGuru 21:04 07 May 03

Your problem reminds me of the time my machine did exactly the sme, just after I had installed Service Pack 1.

RobbyC 22:17 07 May 03

I was adding indexing service. I have never done a clean install as have always had an os i wanted to upgrade. I have just download the windows xp boot disks from microsoft so am gonna try installing xp on top of my old xp. Hopefully that should work.

RobbyC 23:21 07 May 03

I tried using the boot disks but on the fifth one failed.

VoG™ 23:24 07 May 03

If you just want to install XP "over itself" click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…