Window XP on Win2k domain Kerberos error

Anthony-271951 19:21 29 Apr 03

I recently built a Windows 2000 server and installed active directory and ISA server. I have 2 Windows XP Pro machines, both at SP1, which I added to the domain. Both machines can log on to the domain successfully, but the following error appears in the system log on one of the machines -

Event ID 7
Source: Kerberos
"The kerberos subsystem encountered a PAC verification failure. This indicates that the PAC from the client COMPUTERNAME$ in realm DOMAIN.LOCAL had a PAC which failed to verify or was modified. Contact your system administrator."

This machine takes an age to connect to a web site when a new browser is launched, locks up periodically and takes minutes to bring up task manager when it does, and refuses to shut down completely - it hangs at "Saving settings". These appear to be the only symptoms at the moment, and they were not present before joining the domain.

I have tried Microsoft's knowledge base and various other internet sources but cannot find anything relating to this error.

Any ideas appreciated.

Anthony-271951 19:54 29 Apr 03

Thanks for the response, I don't think this helps really as I don't have any VPN connections or clients set up on this PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…