Window XP service pack 2

Newuser1692 12:15 06 Sep 04

I am new in computing and cannot decide whether it is safe to download servicepack 2 because I will not be able to cope with problems if cropped up.I am using XP Professional with Norton Antivirus.Any advise will be appreciated

Gongoozler 12:29 06 Sep 04

Hi Newuser1692. Most installations of SP2 go smoothly, but a few do give problems. If you look at the dedicated Windows XP SP2 forum by clicking on the link at the top of this page you'll see many threads on the subject. Let us know what computer or motherboard you have and someone may be able to tell you if there are any known issues with it.

Gongoozler 16:12 06 Sep 04

Many Thanks I am using 1.5 GHz IBM T40 Pentium M model 23737cg Laptop. 256 Ram. 40GB Hard Disk.Xp Pro. Norton Antivirus.

------------------------------------------------

Hi Newuser1692. It's best to reply via the "Add a new response" box at the bottom of the page, that way other forum members can join in the discussion. Also, how about clicking on the "Update your details" link at the top of the page and giving yourself a real nickname.

The only real incompatibility issue I have read of for modern computers is with the Intel P4 Prescott CPU click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…