Window XP-Blue Screens-Error Messages.

spuds 12:18 18 Mar 06

Been having quite a lot of problems with my computer of late. Took it to the local computer repair centre (at great expense), who managed to get the computer working. They thought that a hardware component was on its way out, but wasn't sure what it might be. Took the computer home, and had further problems, with the end result of a complete reformat. Problems still very evident after this reformat.In general, eror messages, shut-downs, general slowness especially on the internet (more so, when using eBay!).

Last couple of days (after first start up of the computer), I am hit with a blue screen with error messages.After a couple of reboots, everything seems to function, but can be of a slow nature.

These are the two blue screen messages on start-up today:...

(1) A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

If this is the first time you've seen this stop eror screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space ( I do,80% available). If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adaptors.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advances startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0X0000008E (0X0000005,0X80567F7,0XF22EB918,0X00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physicaln memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

I then checked using a programm called Advanced Windows Care on reboot. It found no problems. But the system the crashed again, with another blue screen and error message.

(2) Error message was similar to above, with new additions on the technical side:

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.

Technical Information:
0X0000004E (0X00000099,0X00000000,0X000000000,0X000000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

I hope this all makes sense, because I haven't a clue what this is all about. Any help or advice would be very welcome (before I throw the computer out of the window).

spuds 12:30 18 Mar 06

Appologies for spelling errors etc, trying to beat the computer before another failure :o(

Pineman100 12:56 18 Mar 06

It's very suspicious that this happened after the machine had been to a repairer. Have you checked to make sure that all the internal cards, memory modules, etc. are properly seated in their slots? Careless handling could have worked something loose.
Did the repairer install any new driver software? PFN_LIST_CORRUPT often seems to be related to bad drivers, according to what I've found on Google. click here

PC Bilbo 12:59 18 Mar 06

In order that someone may help you please list your computer's complete harware configuration inc software and Operating System.

Graham ® 13:01 18 Mar 06

Any clues in Event Viewer?

spuds 15:27 18 Mar 06

Pineman100-- Checked the internals and everything seems secure, but the repair centre thought that something was on its way out!.Did a driver check, and have all latest versions.

The link offers some very similar symptoms to that what my computer is showing.I have already done some of the checks mentioned, again with similar results.

PC Bilbo-- Windows XP, forgot to mention 'Home' in the heading.

Graham-- Some interesting things came up in Event Viewer. No mention of todays problem, but in general, other days refer to a Application errors. Sent a report to Microsoft Center, and some of the feedback comments seem to suggest Internet Explorer 6 could possibly account for slowness and other problems when on-line.I have downloaded all the relevances and installed these after the last reformat. Even did a Google search for further advice. Tried a couple of things but no improvements.

In reality the computer is in a mess, and is causing a major annoyance in our relationship, and a possible second complete reformat (in last 7 days)is on the cards.

Still in need of further suggestions, before that final decision.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:28 18 Mar 06

0X0000008E
These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

0X0000004E
This behavior occurs because a driver or other problem damaged the input/output (I/O) driver structures.

In English: you have a driver problem with one piece of your hardware.

click here

spuds 15:40 18 Mar 06

Fruit Bat-- Thanks for the link. Seems to suggest driver's are the problem.When I did a check nothing showed up, except to confirm lastest versions were being used.

All I need now is a good hardware diagnostic tool. Used PC Pitstop in the past,and a very similar programme (forgot name) which gave some fair results.

Any suggestion for a reliable diagnostics programme!.

spuds 15:43 18 Mar 06

Fruit Bat-- Would or could this mean that a piece of hardware (H/D, Mobo) is on its way out, as per the computer repair centre's suggestion!.

961 15:53 18 Mar 06

Is it possible that while all the drivers are the latest, one of them installed by the repair centre is not actually the correct one for the hardware concerned?

spuds 18:25 18 Mar 06

961-- I did the reformat and re-installed all the drivers and components including the recheck for latest drivers.Thanks for the suggestion, every little helps at this stage.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…