Window top bar off screen

cpn 04 May 11
Answered

Hello again. Can anyone help with this problem? Using windows media player when I reduce the size of the window from full screen to window size (not minimise) the top of the window is off the screen at the top of the screen and I am therefore unable to move it around. Does anyone know how to restore it to its usual state?

Peter 04 May 11

If you put the Window into the "Restore" state and then press and hold the left Alt Key, tap the space bar and then release the Alt Key. Press and release the "M" key and then use the navigation arrow keys to move the Window around the screen. Press the Enter key when you reach the desired location.

For finer control of movement of the Window combine the navigation arrow keys with the depresed and held down "Control" key.

Peter.

cpn 04 May 11

Hello Peter Tried what you suggested but it only moves the inner content of the window

wee eddie 04 May 11

F11

cpn 04 May 11
Answer

Hello Peter I got it sorted by right clicking in the task bar and using the move option. Many thanks for you advice it will be very usefull for the future for other situations Stephen

Peter 05 May 11

Stephen,

Thanks for the info about right clicking on the task-bar icon; I hadn't thought about that one.

Peter.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message