window sizes on new links

johnnyrocker 21:08 05 Dec 08

i might not have explained it properly but each time i open an explorer window it is too small, i do the usual drag and F4 which cures the opening page problem but it still exists on subsequent ones, it is a new pc with xp pro ie 6
any ideas please?

johnny.

rdave13 21:14 05 Dec 08

IE 6? Time to go to IE7 suerly. What with a new PC.
Usual drag and F4 means what exactly?

johnnyrocker 13:58 06 Dec 08

as i said i may not have explained myself clearly but the usual way of dealing with a small opening pic is to drag to fit then close with alt F4 whic closes it and it will reopen full size forget ie7

johnny

BurrWalnut 14:46 06 Dec 08

Open Internet Explorer, now open another instance of Internet Explorer so that you have two running at the same time.

In the second one, right-click a link and select Open Link in New Window. Make this window the size you want by dragging the edges out to the sides of the screen. Do not use the Maximize button.

Close the first window by selecting File > Exit (you may have to press Alt if the File option is missing). Now close the window you just made (the third one) but close it by holding down the Ctrl key and selecting File > Exit. Do not release the Ctrl key until the window is closed. Finally, close the remaining window.

Long-winded but it's the way I know.

johnnyrocker 15:24 06 Dec 08

i think you may have cracked it, will tick for now and hope fer the best

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…