Window size on the "click here" link

pj123 15:29 26 Jul 04

Up until a couple of days ago whenever I clicked the "click here" link I got a full screen window. Now I only get a small window and have to manually maximise the window every time. How do I get it to open full screen again. Win 98SE and NTL BB.

Mister Splendid©® 15:39 26 Jul 04

This works with XP, is worth a try on 98SE. Click on a "click here" then pull the window out to fill the screen, don't use maximise, use the corner resize handles. Then close all IE windows using the close command under the file menu. Now when you try "click here" again new windows should open at full size.

pj123 15:42 26 Jul 04

Mister Splendid©®, Thanks, will give it a go.

pj123 15:55 26 Jul 04

Mister Splendid©®, No that didn't work, sorry. Still get a small (about 5"x4" window).

Not too much of a problem though, it is quite simple to maximise it, just like to know why it is happening.

pj123 17:34 30 Jul 04

Well, someone, somewhere must have done something for me because now when I click on a click here link it is now back to full screen window. I have made no alterations at all.

ened 17:54 30 Jul 04

Size the normal IE window to your own specification.
Close it and reboot.
You should now find that IE always opens to a window that size.

ened 17:57 30 Jul 04

I didn't read your last post properly.
Often a particular site will have pop-ups which will change the size of your window if it is the last window you close before turning off.
In other words IE remembers the last size you used.

VoG II 18:01 30 Jul 04

Yep, the "trick" is to close all IE windows except the small one. Then to follow Mister Splendid©®'s method.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…