Window opens just with blue top bar

TommyRed 16:00 02 Mar 04

Lately whenever I log on to the internet my homepage opens with a minimised window which just has the top bar showing. Something similar, the whole minimised window, could be rectified by dragging the sides of the window out but how do I resolve this one? Can't use system restore as all my restore points have gone after a RAMdisk install, which I'm also trying to resolve. TIA TR

TommyRed 16:17 02 Mar 04

^

Mankster 16:19 02 Mar 04
  BurrWalnut 16:20 02 Mar 04

For the initial window: Right click on the Internet Explorer icon on your taskbar and click Properties. In the Run field, choose the maximised option. Click Apply then OK

To maximise new windows: In the existing Internet Explorer Window, Right click on a link and click Open in New Window. After you have opened the new window, close the original (and any other IE windows except the new one). Resize the new window (drag the edges) to the largest possible size, then close that window. Now reload IE and try opening a new window.

OneSirKnight 16:26 02 Mar 04

you may need to repair internet explorer.....
Reinstall IE:
-------------

Description of the Internet Explorer Repair Tool
click here=
click here

How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP
click here
or
Repair Internet Explorer 6
click here

How to Uninstall Internet Explorer 6
click here

TommyRed 17:23 02 Mar 04

The homepage window now opens maxmized but windows through links ie 'click here' on this site are as before, any further suggestions? TR

VoG II 17:49 02 Mar 04

Close all IE windows except the small one. Drag it to fill the screen (do not use the Maximize button). Close using File/Close (not the X). The next time it should appear full screen.

TommyRed 18:20 02 Mar 04

I can't drag it larger as only the top bar is visible. TR

VoG II 18:23 02 Mar 04

If you hover the cursor over the bottom of the blue bar, the cursor should turn into a double-headed arrow. You should then be able to left click and drag down to open the window.

TommyRed 18:52 02 Mar 04

Thanks thats sorted it. TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…