window opening on start up

CTRL 17:12 04 Nov 03

hi all. hope you can help me.on starting up my computer. as it loads windows program a folder opens with the name of windows.(i am running ME ) if that helps.hope this is as clear as mud. how can i get rid of this happening its getting on my nerves.thanks

Diemmess 17:33 04 Nov 03

Have never used ME but suggest you try deleteing the program from the start menu, or try msconfig and delete any reference there by removing the tick in the box alongside it.

Whatever, this will bump your question up the list a bit before it slips out of sight!

CTRL 17:44 04 Nov 03

thanks DIEMMESS the only prob with deleting the folder is it is the windows folder.

Diemmess 18:12 04 Nov 03

No! do not delete the folder in Windows..... that way leads to grief and tears.

What you are looking for is the instruction to load this program at startup. It is this instruction you need to delete, not the program itself. For instance you may find reference to the .exe file listed in "msconfig" under the Start tab. Don't delete the exe file itself in windows folder.

If you want to know how to do this, post your own back on this thread. I must stay off until tomorrow.

CTRL 10:46 05 Nov 03

Diemmess . I drop to my knees and grovel before your knowledge.
I went to MSCONFIG as you suggested and there at the bottom of the list was a run command .I unticked it and now it is happy days again.
THANK YOU!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…