Window office problem

7 20:35 25 Jan 05

I have bought dell laptop just now and it has come with works7.0 which doesn't solve my problem and i want to upload window office 2000. will it be safe to download as later there won't be any conflict with these two programmes. any comments will be appreciated..

Djohn 20:43 25 Jan 05

Word is the same in both so, no problems there, but the database and spread sheet in works although a cut-down version of access and excel, do save with a different file ext. If I remember correctly you need to save your spreadsheet files with the excel ext. before transferring them to the new application.

7 20:52 25 Jan 05

thank u for reply but my querry is if i download window office 2000 will it make any problem with works7.0.

Djohn 21:01 25 Jan 05

You can't download Windows Office, only obtainable on a set of CD's. But to answer your question, no, it will not cause a conflict to have the two applications on your PC at the same time.

I had Works-Suite 2004 and Office XP side by side for a while until I transferred all data across.

VoG II 21:06 25 Jan 05

Put Works 7.0 followed by Office 2003 onto daughter's laptop. No problem. But as Djohn says, you cannot legally download Office.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…